Causes and Correlations of Network Impairments
Learn about about the causes of adverse network conditions; anticipate and compensate for network issues.
Key Topics Covered:
- Time sensitive network applications
- Testing the limits of app performance
- Addressing the limits of network performance
- What do we mean by the "imperfect network"?
- The Ways That Networks Err
- Causes of the Network Errors
- How do impairments manifest themselves?
- What about your own network?
- How can I tell if my network has a problem with these things?
- Is my network impaired?
- Are my apps and devices affected by these network impairments?
- Service Level Definition for VoIP
- Implementing a Test Bed
- What can be done about network impairments?
- Protocols Discussed: Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)
- Voice-over-IP (VOIP)
- Packet Loss
- Packet Delay
- Packet Delay Variation (Jitter)
- Packet Reordering
- Packet Duplication
- Packet Corruption
Download the White Paper: